Cream cheese, milk and dry white wine form the base for this shrimp and potato chowder with sauteed chopped onions and celery.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/2 pound frozen cooked shrimp, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large stock pot saute celery and onions in margarine.
Add cream cheese and milk; and stir over low heat until cream cheese is completely melted.
Add potatoes, shrimp, dry white wine and salt. Heat thorough, stirring occasionally and then serve.