This tomato soup based dip is great for large parties. A combination of shrimp, mayonnaise, cream cheese, gelatin, and a mixture of vegetables, placed in a mold and refrigerated. Served on a plate for a great presentation.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
- 2 (4 ounce) cans small shrimp, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, heat tomato soup (undiluted) to boiling. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soften the gelatin in 1/4 cup of water.
In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, softened cream cheese and softened gelatin. Mix thoroughly. Fold in shrimp, celery, onion, green pepper. Mix thoroughly. Blend in horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
Pour mixture into a 5 or 6 cup refrigerator mold, or into two smaller molds. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.