This seafood stuffed shrimp wrapped in bacon is one of the best recipes I've ever had. Everyone devours them every time I make it. It's time consuming, but worth it! You can change or add different things to the stuffing according to your tastes.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 6 large shrimp - peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- garlic salt to taste
- 40 large shrimp - peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 20 thick slices bacon, cut in half
In a medium bowl, mix together the 6 chopped shrimp, bread crumbs, crabmeat, jalapeno pepper, pepperjack cheese, Cheddar cheese, olive oil and garlic salt. You can experiment with the amounts of shrimp and crab, just make sure the mixture holds together firmly when squeezed in your hand.
Preheat the oven's broiler.
Lay the bacon strips out on a clean work surface. Squeeze a small handful of the crab mixture tightly. Stuff it into a butterflied shrimp, and wrap with bacon. Secure with two toothpicks - I like to make an X out of toothpicks, it holds better. Place the shrimp on a roasting pan, or cookie sheet.
Broil shrimp for about 10 minutes, or until the bacon is crisped, then turn and broil on the other side.