Shrimp, green onion and celery over English muffins, topped with tomato and provolone cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
In a medium saucepan, melt butter and saute onions and shrimp over medium heat until shrimp are pink.
Stir in flour and Old Bay seasoning to make a roux. Slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly. Allow to thicken. Stir in celery and cook until celery is soft.
Preheat oven on broiler setting.
Spoon mixture over toasted English muffins, top each with a slice of tomato and provolone cheese. Place under a preheated broiler for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until cheese is melted.