A delicious bisque made with shrimp and crab meat. A garnish of chopped green onions is always a delicious addition to this bisque.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound pre-cooked crab meat
- 1/2 cup white wine
In a large saucepan, melt butter over a low heat. Stir in flour, salt, white pepper, bouillon granules, and onion. Blend 3/4 cup half-and-half cream into the mixture. Mix in shrimp and crab meat. Turn the temperature to medium heat and continue stirring until the mixture thickens.
Blend the remaining half-and-half cream and wine into the mixture. Serve and enjoy!