This is a quick and easy seafood salad spread made of shrimp, crab, mayonnaise, green onions, and mozzarella cheese. It can be served immediately after being made or heated in the oven.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) can small shrimp, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, halved horizontally
In a bowl, combine well the shrimp, crab, mayonnaise, green onions, celery, cheese, salt, and pepper.
Spread the shrimp mixture on the bottom half of bread and replace the top half. Cut into 8 pieces and serve immediately or refrigerate whole and cut into 8 pieces when ready to serve.
Heating instructions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Wrap the loaf in a large piece of aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into 8 pieces.