Delight your taste buds with a truly original recipe featuring the combination of shrimp, wild rice and OLD BAY Seasoning in cake form and topped with roasted red pepper aioli.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, chopped (frozen, canned or fresh)
- 1/2 cup cooked (unsalted) wild rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Dill Seed, toasted*
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise**
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Dill Weed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Grind Black Pepper
Mix flour, baking powder and OLD BAY in a large bowl. Stir in shrimp, cooked rice, green onions, dill seed and thyme. Add butter, milk and eggs; gently stir until well blended.
Heat a large nonstick pan, coated with cooking spray, over medium heat. With a tablespoon, drop shrimp batter into skillet. Cook cakes in small batches, 5 minutes per side, or until done and lightly brown. Set aside and keep warm.
Combine all aioli ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well. Serve with warm shrimp cakes.
*To toast seeds Heat a small skillet over medium heat 2 minutes. Add dill seeds and toast, shaking pan constantly until seeds are fragrant (about 1 minute). Remove seeds from skillet immediately. Allow to cool.
**May substitute with light or fat-free mayonnaiseDo-Ahead Suggestions:
Shrimp cakes can be made up to 24 hours ahead, cooled, wrapped, and stored in the refrigerator. Reheat on a baking sheet in a 350F oven for 10 minutes. The aioli can be made up to 24 hours and refrigerated in a covered container until ready to serve.