Fresh yellow squash and zucchini cook in olive oil with shrimp, garlic, herbs, and lemon juice. Served over hot penne pasta with chives and Parmesan cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1/2 pound dried penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
- 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh chives or green onions
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and pour into a large bowl.
Meanwhile, warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in squash and zucchini, and cook 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp, and cook 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook 2 minutes more.
Pour shrimp and sauce into large bowl with pasta. Sprinkle with chives and Parmesan, and stir to combine.