This quick and easy shrimp recipe, created by Chef Paul Kahan of the Blackbird in Chicago, has a gentle Asian flavor. The addition of just 1/2 cup sour cream blends the flavors perfectly.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds large shrimp, 16-20 count per pound, peeled and deveined
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Red Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, rolled lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp, green onions and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
Stir in wine and cover. Cook on high heat 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp and keep warm.
Add red curry powder, lime juice, basil, salt, sugar and sour cream to skillet. Simmer 2 minutes over low heat. Return shrimp to pan. Warm gently. Serve over rice or noodles.