Shrimp cooked in a tomato jalapeno sauce and sprinkled with feta cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 5 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, saute the chopped garlic in the olive oil until golden. Add green onion and jalapeno peppers; saute about 3 minutes.
Mix in the chopped tomatoes and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and stir in the parsley. Reduce heat.
In a medium saute pan, toss the shrimp with the olive oil. Cook over medium heat until shrimp become pink. Season with salt and pepper and mix in the tomato sauce.
To serve, crumble the feta cheese over the shrimp.