Here is a somewhat spicy curry dish of vermicelli noodles with a medley of veggie's and shrimp, chicken and pork. It's an Asian way to clear out the fridge.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound dry vermicelli pasta
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 2 butterfly pork chops, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup water
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a deep skillet or fry pan, brown chicken, pork and garlic in the oil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the onion, carrots and water; cover and steam for 5 minutes. Stir in celery and shrimp. Cover and steam for 2 minutes.
Mix in the bean sprouts, curry powder and soy sauce; stir together until blended and hot, 4 to 5 minutes. Toss with noodles, and serve with the option of hot pepper sauce and soy sauce as condiments