Exotic tropical fruits and Grill Mates® Montreal Steak® Seasoning combine beautifully in Sizzlin' Island Marinade. Bring the taste of the Caribbean to your backyard!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 pork chops, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 kiwi, peeled and cut into chunks*
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks*
- 1/3 cup orange juice*
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Red Pepper
Place pork chops in a large self-closing plastic bag or shallow dish. Combine remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth. Reserve 3/4 cup marinade. Pour remaining marinade over pork chops, turning to coat well. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
Remove pork chops from marinade. Grill over medium direct heat for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F; turn pork chops every 5 minutes.
Heat reserved marinade in a small saucepan over low heat. Serve pork chops with additional sauce if desired.
* May substitute mango, kiwi and orange juice with a 20 ounce can of pineapple chunks or slices packed in pineapple juice. Follow step 1, as directed above, except use 1/3 cup pineapple juice from canned pineapple in place of orange juice, and reserve 1/2 cup marinade. Substituting with a 20 ounce can pineapple makes 1 1/2 cups marinade.