The chicken is marinated in a soy sauce, brown sugar and peanut butter (just to name a few of the ingredients), then grilled or broiled. Delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into strips
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cubed
In a large mixing bowl, combine crunchy peanut butter, cilantro, salsa, brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic and green onions; mix well. Add chicken to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
While the chicken is marinating, soak bamboo skewers in water for one hour so they will not burn on the grill.
Preheat the barbeque to a high heat. Or preheat your oven to broil.
Thread chicken onto skewers like a snake, and in between each loop add a cube of bell pepper.
Grill skewers, turning once, over charcoal for 4 to 6 minutes; or broil, until just browned and cooked through.