Chicken, tomatoes and picante sauce combine in a mouthwatering melange perfect for rolling up in a tortilla and eating on the spot.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (24 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 12 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
Cube chicken breasts. Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add cubed chicken breasts, onion and garlic powder and saute until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 15 to 20 minutes. Pour tomatoes and picante sauce over chicken mixture. Let simmer over medium heat until sauce has thickened, usually about 30 minutes. Place some of the mixture in a warm tortilla, add cheese and wrap. Repeat until all of the chicken mixture is gone!