Canned cream of asparagus soup is the secret to this quick and easy dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound turkey breast cutlets or slices
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of asparagus soup
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Green onion curls for garnish
- Orange slices for garnish
Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the turkey; cook 3 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove; set aside. Repeat with remaining turkey. Pour off fat.
In same skillet, combine soup, asparagus, milk and black pepper. Heat to boiling. Return turkey to skillet. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and asparagus is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice. Garnish with onion curls and orange slices, if desired.
Before you begin, start heating water to cook the rice.