Slow cooked chicken breasts in a rich, peanutty, slightly spicy sauce. Serve over rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
Place the chicken breast strips, bell pepper and onion into a slow cooker. Pour in the chicken broth and 1/4 cup of soy sauce, then season with cumin, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir to blend, then cover and cook on Low for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
Remove 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker, and mix this with the cornstarch, peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and lime juice. This should blend into a fairly thick sauce. Stir the sauce back into the slow cooker, and place the lid on the pot.
Cook on High for 30 minutes. Garnish with green onions, cilantro and peanuts before serving.