A hearty side dish of baked, kidney and lima beans slow cooked with ground beef, bacon and spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped raw bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can red kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, partially drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
Place beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
In a slow cooker combine ground beef, bacon, onion, baked beans, kidney beans, lima beans, ketchup, liquid smoke, salt, hot sauce and garlic powder. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.