A savory autumn stew with apple, red potatoes, onion and seasoning. This is a very easy tasty chicken dish I concocted when I was trying to think of a dish like pot roast yet using chicken rather than beef. My husband hates mushrooms, so I tried condense
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 3 small red potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 onion, cut into eighths
- 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope dry onion gravy mix
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute garlic and chicken until lightly browned.
Place chicken and garlic in slow cooker; add water, soup, pepper, salt, seasoning, apple, potatoes, onion and gravy mix. Mix all together.
Set heat on Low setting and simmer slowly for 6 to 8 hours.