Canned clams, potatoes, bacon and shredded carrot are cooked in a mixture of condensed cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk in this easy chowder recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) can minced clams
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
In a small bowl, drain the clams and reserve the juice. Add water to the juice as needed to total 1 3/4 cups liquid. Cover the clams and put in refrigerator for later.
In a slow cooker combine the bacon, potatoes, onion, carrot, soup, ground black pepper, evaporated milk and reserved clam juice with water. Cover and cook on low setting for 9 to 11 hours OR on high setting for 4 to 5 hours. Add the clams and cook on high setting for another hour.