Homemade dressing is layered with chicken in your slow cooker to create this wonderful one-dish meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 loaf SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread, cubed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and diced
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spread bread cubes in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
In a medium bowl, stir together chicken broth, mushroom soup, melted butter, and olive oil. Mix in celery and onion. Season with poultry seasoning, sage, and pepper. Place bread cubes in a large bowl or pot. Pour chicken broth mixture over bread cubes, and stir to coat.
In a slow cooker, layer the cooked chicken with the dressing mixture. Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours. Serve.
The original recipe, Slow Cooker Escalloped Chicken, was submitted by Peg, and contains 694 calories, 40.1 g fat,133 mg cholesterol, 1732 mg sodium, 55.4 g carbohydrates, 3.3 g fiber, and 28 g protein.