This is a very delicious version of Italian beef using turkey. Serve on hard rolls or French bread with onion slices or pepperoncini.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 quart water, or as needed
- 1 skinless, boneless turkey breast half
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (.75 ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
Dissolve the beef bouillon cubes in 1 quart water, and pour into a slow cooker. Place turkey in slow cooker, adding more water to cover if needed.
Cover, and cook 8 to 10 hours on Low. Two hours before end of cook time, mix the vinegar, onion, green bell pepper, garlic, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce into slow cooker.
Blend the brown gravy mix and water in a small bowl, and stir into the slow cooker, continue cooking 20 minutes.