Pork chops are browned, then combined in the slow cooker with brown and white rice, onions, mushrooms, peas, and water chestnuts, in a flavorful sauce of beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and onion soup mix.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 boneless, center cut pork chops
- 1/3 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces green peas
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops on both sides.
Lightly spray the slow cooker with cooking spray. Then place brown and white rice, onion, butter, peas, water chestnuts, and mushrooms in the slow cooker. Pour in water, broth, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in onion soup mix, season with pepper, and top with pork chops.
Cover, and cook on Low setting for 7 to 9 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 5 hours.