This is a subtly spiced, super easy slow cooker meal. A good introduction to Moroccan food. Serve with couscous.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 pound turnips, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and diced
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 4 pitted prunes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
In a slow cooker, toss together the parsnips, turnips, onions, carrots, apricots, and prunes. Season with turmeric, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, parsley, and cilantro. Pour in the vegetable broth.
Cover, and cook 9 hours on Low.