This is not your ordinary roast, but a flavorful surprise. Simple enough to put together with ease, but interesting enough to serve to dinner guests on special occasions. Feel free to add your own special touches. Adding sun dried tomatoes and bell pepper
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) beef chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the roast on all sides. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a slow cooker.
Dissolve the vegetable bouillon in the boiling water, and pour into the slow cooker. Mix the pepperoni, onion, black olives, garlic, and tomatoes into the slow cooker.
Cover, and cook 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low.