This is a very zesty and hearty chili recipe loaded with vegetables. Garnish with sour cream and cheese, if desired, and serve with herb toast.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a slow cooker, combine the tomatoes, chickpeas, zucchini, onion, carrots, celery, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, chili powder, green chile peppers, garlic, oregano, cumin and salt.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours OR on high for 3 to 4 hours.