This rich spread goes best with plain crackers such as unsalted saltines or Table Water Crackers.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 pound smoked trout fillets, skinned
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup tub-style light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon stick margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 88 water crackers
Break trout fillets into large pieces. Place trout pieces and the next 8 ingredients (trout through hot sauce) in a food processor, and process until smooth, scraping the sides of processor bowl occasionally. Serve spread with crackers.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 95 (25% from fat); FAT 2.6g (sat 0.9g, mono 1.1g, poly 0.2 g); PROTEIN 7.2g; CARB 11.1g; FIBER 0.5g; CHOL 9mg; IRON 0.2mg; SODIUM 321mg; CALC 20mg