Smoked bluefish gives a wonderful flavor to this recipe. Serve it as a dip or spread with crackers, bread or vegetables. The pate can be made milder by the addition of more mascarpone or cream cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 pound smoked bluefish
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- salt to taste
Crumble the smoked bluefish. Place bluefish and mascarpone cheese into a food processor. Blend well using the pulse setting.
Transfer bluefish mixture to a medium bowl. Mix in the lemon juice, horseradish, Dijon-style mustard, cayenne pepper, red onion and salt.