This is a great recipe for smoked chicken. I use chunks of hickory in my grill to impart a smoky flavor to the meat.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat.
Rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry. Loosen skin around the breast area.
Place three tablespoons of butter in various places under the skin. Mix herbs together and place half under the skin and the other half inside the chicken.
Cook chicken with smoke for 4 hours or until juices run clear when poked with a fork.
See Our Smoking Tips.