Quick and easy main dish. A good way to use up extra zucchini from the summer garden. My mother used to make this to keep the kitchen from getting too hot from the oven. Serve over cooked rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthwise then in half
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage. Remove sausage from skillet and set aside. Add margarine, zucchini, and onion to the skillet and cook until zucchini is crisp and tender. Return the browned sausage to the skillet and add garlic salt, oregano, and black pepper. Cook until all ingredients are hot. Add chopped tomatoes on top of the ingredients.