Smoked sausage in a thick tomato sauce with green beans. Great over rice or pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (1 pound) packages smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
Place the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, until evenly brown.
Mix the water and flour in a small bowl, until flour is dissolved. Stir into the skillet. Mix in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef bouillon, and green beans. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and beans are tender.