This is a great, hearty alternative to the same old potato salad. This salad is packed with hash browns, smoked turkey, bell pepper, green onion and celery, all mixed together with mustard, mayo and freshly ground black pepper.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 2 quarts water
- 3/4 pound smoked turkey breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cover potatoes with water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain thoroughly and let cool.
In a large bowl, combine cooled potatoes with turkey, celery, green onion, bell pepper, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard and ground black pepper. Mix thoroughly, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Potato Salad Tips