This deluxe oven barbecue adds layers of ham and cheese atop chicken breasts, then drenches the whole affair in your favorite barbecue sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian-style seasoning
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/8 cup chopped green onion for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Season with pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste. Bake seasoned chicken in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
When chicken is done, remove from oven and pour on barbecue sauce. Layer each breast with slice of ham, then slice of cheese. Return to oven and continue to bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven and top with chopped green onions and tomatoes.