These tasty meatballs include green peppers, onions and Italian-style bread crumbs baked in a golden mushroom sauce. The recipe is a creation of my own.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons browning sauce
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, green pepper, onion, eggs, seasoned bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
Shape the meat mixture into large meatballs about 2 inches in diameter. Place about 1 inch apart on a large, shallow baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. While meatballs are baking, start the sauce.
In a 9x13 inch baking dish, mix the soup, mushrooms, sour cream, milk, browning sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Blend well.
When the meatballs have finished baking, remove them from the baking sheet and place them into the soup mixture. Stir in the meatballs to coat. Return to the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is boil.