A layered casserole made with ground turkey, ricotta and flour tortillas.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place ground turkey in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in green onions, taco seasoning mix, water, diced tomatoes with juice, and green chiles with juice. Reduce heat to medium.
In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta and eggs. Place 2 tortillas in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Spread 1/4 of the ricotta mixture on tortillas. Spoon 1/4 of the meat mixture over the cheese. Repeat layers until all is used up.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and salsa. Serve in a bowl on the side.