A refreshing summer treat made with strawberry gelatin and strawberry flavored soda pop. The tender pink cake is covered with a fluffy white frosting.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 16 fluid ounces strawberry flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Prepare cake according to package instructions for a 9x13 inch pan. remove from oven and poke holes in the cake with a wooden skewer or toothpick.
In a medium bowl, combine boiling water with strawberry gelatin. Stir until dissolved and allow to cool slightly. Pour in the strawberry flavored carbonated beverage. Pour slowly over cake, allowing it to soak in. Refrigerate until cool.
To make the Frosting: In a medium bowl combine pudding and milk. Beat until well blended and thickened. Fold in the thawed whipped topping. Spread on cake. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.