Crab salad perfect for spreading on crackers.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound crabmeat - drained, flaked and cartilage removed
In a large bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, relish, shallot, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with dill, parsley, cayenne, paprika, lemon juice, lemon zest, and black pepper; mix until well blended. Stir in crabmeat until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to blend flavors.