In this creamy pork chop recipe, chops are fried in butter beside onions and garlic, then simmered with tomatoes, mushrooms, basil, and condensed chicken soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 large fresh tomato, chopped
- 5 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 teaspoons sour cream
Melt butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Place in saucepan. Stir in onion, and garlic. Cook 3 minutes; turn pork chops, and cook 3 more minutes. Stir in basil, tomatoes, mushrooms, milk, and soup. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer. After 30 minutes, turn chops, stir contents, and simmer 30 minutes more. To serve, pour sauce over chops and top with a teaspoon of sour cream on each chop.