Pumpkin pie spiced with orange peel and topped with a sour cream topping is a lovely way to finish a meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees F.
COMBINE eggs, pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, orange peel and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Pour into prepared pie shell.
BAKE for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.; bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
COMBINE 1 1/4 cups sour cream, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons thawed frozen orange juice concentrate (or orange-flavored liqueur) and 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel in small bowl.
SPREAD with Sour Cream Orange Topping; bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Garnish as desired.