This exquisite cocktail may be made with or without the alcohol depending on whether you are on phase 1 or phase 2.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 12 ounces vegetable cocktail (such as V8)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco to taste
- 8 fluid ounces vodka
- 2 celery stalks, with leaves
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
In a large pitcher, combine the vegetable cocktail, celery seed, pepper, citrus juices, 1 tablespoon of the horseradish, the Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Fill 2 glasses with ice. Add 2 ounces of vodka to each and fill three-quarters full with the vegetable cocktail mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining horseradish, place 1 celery stalk in each glass, and squeeze a lime wedge into each glass.
For Phase 1, simply omit the vodka.