This is a very quick and easy chicken soup recipe to make and very savory as well.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Heat oil in large stock pot; add tortilla strips and fry, stirring until golden. Once golden remove tortillas and place on paper towel, lined plate. Try absorbing as much oil as possible.
Place onion and bell pepper into stock pot, over medium heat, and cook until soft.
Add garlic, stir in flour and gradually stir in chicken broth.
Add cooked chicken, frozen vegetables and chili powder and cook until thickened.
Sprinkle with tortilla strips before serving.