Elbow macaroni is baked with cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs and sharp Cheddar cheese for a rich and flavorful version of this favorite side dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 (8 ounce) containers cottage cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, Cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper. Mix well and transfer to prepared dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes.