These dessert bars are a more casual but certainly no less delicious version of sweet potato pie. With a hearty oat crust and nutty streusel topping, they are sure to impress.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound yams or sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add dry ingredients; mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom of 13X9-inch baking dish. Bake 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients except nuts; mix well. Pour over prepared crust. Combine nuts with reserved crumb mixture; crumble evenly over top.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Serve warm or chilled. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.