Canned chicken, chiles and soup mix it up with cheese, onion and instant rice in this microwaved casserole.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (5 ounce) can chicken chunks, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups instant rice
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chiles, soup, cheese, onions, salt, pepper and water and pour the mixture into a microwave safe 9x13 inch casserole dish.
Add the rice. The mixture should be the consistency of soupy pancake batter.
Cover the dish with a lid or plastic wrap and microwave for about 15 minutes (depending on the microwave). Serve with mexicorn and green salad if desired.