This is a highly seasoned salad that is a nice change from the typical 'taco' version. Even my kids and their friends love it!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces tortilla chips
In a covered jar, mix the lime juice, olive oil, salt, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, and cumin. Cover, and shake until well blended.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Toss with the chicken, black beans, onion, and tomato. Just before serving, toss with the dressing mixture and Parmesan cheese. Serve with tortilla chips, either crushed over the top of the salad, or on the side.