This is by far the BEST, QUICKEST, and HARDIEST salad yet!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 cup finely crushed blue tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup prepared Ranch salad dressing
In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the black beans until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, romaine lettuce, green bell pepper, corn, and Cheddar cheese.
Transfer the tossed salad to serving bowls, and top with the warmed black beans, chicken, tortilla chips, and Ranch dressing.