Filled with green chilies, black beans, corn and tomatoes, and chicken, of course - this soup is a complete meal. Serve with tortilla chips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and sliced green onions.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded meat from a rotisserie chicken
- Optional toppings: crushed tortilla chips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, sliced green onions
In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil until soft. Stir in chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, broth, and water. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
Stir in corn, chiles, beans, cilantro, and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Ladle soup into individual serving bowls. Serve with optional toppings, if desired.