Browned ground beef is combined with canned pinto beans, tomatoes and whole corn kernels in this soup seasoned with picante sauce and cumin. Serve topped with grated cheddar cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Cook ground beef and onion until done.
In a large pan add beef, onion, tomatoes, beans, corn, potatoes, picante sauce, water, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, and garlic powder. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. I like to use slow cooker and let it simmer all day. Serve; top with cheese.