Delicious Southwestern twist on the classic Caesar Salad (Cesar in Spanish) with chipotle dressing. It makes a beautiful presentation for you and your guests. Serve with warm flour tortillas.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (1.27 ounce) packet dry fajita seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup garlic flavored croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into thin rings
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
Sprinkle chicken breasts with fajita seasoning, and grill for about 4 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Allow to cool, then slice into bite-size strips.
In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, sour cream, anchovies, green onions, parsley, Dijon mustard, chipotle pepper, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. Blend until smooth.
Place romaine lettuce in a large bowl, and top with croutons, shredded Parmesan, and red, yellow, and orange pepper rings. Arrange chicken on top, then pour on the dressing.