There is a wonderful hint of the Southwest in these crab-meat filled cakes. Fabulous, healthy dinner that is great served with sour cream, salsa and a side salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup canned yellow corn
- 1/2 cup minced poblano pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 (16 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or as needed
In a large bowl, stir together the sour cream and egg white. Stir in the corn and poblano pepper, and season with chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Mix in the bread crumbs and crabmeat until well blended. Shape into 10 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the crab cakes 4 or 5 at a time until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes. Cover the pan with a lid while frying so the patties get heated through. Drain on paper towels, and serve immediately.