Try using a mixture of green, yellow and red peppers for these tasty treats.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a skillet or frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add bell pepper and saute until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, oil and milk. Dough should be slightly sticky. Add sauteed peppers, corn and cheese. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.